Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Interns!

This summer when the Congo team and I flew to Africa, we were not the only people flying there to be instruments of change that summer. We had three girls, Hannah, Sarah, & Coreen, from the Phoenix area coming with us! it would be hard to explain how they really got involved with African Hearts and all that, and it involves many different things, but suffice it to say, in short time we convinced these three awesome ladies to give up their hot Phoenix summers (ok, so maybe the convincing was easy) and raise a couple thousand dollars so they could serve at African Hearts for almost a month. And serve they did! I, unfortunately, missed most of the action with them in Uganda because I was in Congo, but upon my return to Kampala I found three girls who loved those boys as much as I did and were so involved and had such servant's hearts. They had been taking the boys swimming, and to the movies, helping with homework, just spending time with them, helping out a lot at Ssenge, all kinds of stuff! They had a blast and I think it should be know that their work and servant's hearts paved the way for Ssenge to be available as soon as it was. They have a legacy in Uganda, and they returned to the US with a passion to remember what they experienced and never forget those awesome boys who impacted their lives... thanks again ladies for all that you did! It was great to get to know each one of you even during the short time I was there. I'm sure we'll see you again out there before too long!




back: Jessica & Junior (not interns); Coreen Walsh (Intern)
front: Sarah Parks and Hannah Bentley (Interns)

No comments: